Monday, July 12, 2010

"You and me are gasoline and matches."--from the song Gasoline and Matches by Buddy and Julie Miller, from the season two soundtrack of True Blood

Okay, for some reason, this makes me think of Nicolas Cage, who I have a severe crush on. I know, I know, you're thinking, really?

I love this man. In fact, if I could shrink him, I would, and keep him in the little zipper inside my purse and just look at him from time to time. And smile. I enjoy looking at him. Guarding Tess started my lustful voyage. There is nothing like gazing at a tall, good-looking man in a suit who knows how to be firm with a cantankerous lady, and gentle.

Anyway, I remember this one time (at band camp) - I'm kidding - really, this one time I heard that Cage and Lisa Marie Presley's ex-marriage was tempestuous; that's the way the reporter described it - tempestuous. That makes me think of gasoline and matches. Explosive. So, that's why Cage comes to mind. And maybe because of his new movie The Sorceror's Apprentice. I like that wild look he's sporting. For me, really, with him, his hair makes a difference in my level of attraction. I was over the moon with the movie Ghost Rider...loved, loved, loved the short, dark hair.

I have a friend who thinks he looks like a wounded sparrow. Perhaps he does, a little. But I love that smile, and those shoulders, and that voice. If I could shrink him, I would take very good care of him. He wouldn't even notice he was the size of a bumblebee and living inside my purse until my klunky keys knocked him sideways. We might have a problem then.