Saturday, March 3, 2012

I know I've been gone for a while, but I've been consumed with writing, and making fantastic progress. Today, however, I couldn't resist this quote from Psych. This is from the episode "Indiana Shawn and the Temple of the Kinda Crappy, Rusty Old Dagger," the funniest episode I believe I've ever seen on this show.

"I do not repeat myself so you must listen, and contrary to popular belief, there is such a thing as a dumb question. I'll assume many of you have completed the third grade. If at any time you're confused by something you hear, right, there's a book in the gift shop to help you - it's called the dictionary. Open it up once in a while. Now who's ready to have a great time? Try to keep your lower lip from dropping to your waist during the parts with mutliple syllables."--from the curator and/or tour guide

Okay, so it's totally demeaning, but think of the number of people you've encountered in your life that you've wanted to say the first sentence to? Sometimes we want to be rude, but then there's something called a conscience that stops us. When I want to be this rude, then I usually let my characters handle it; that way, I get away with it. Great job to the writers on this episode. Loved it!