Monday, May 17, 2010

“Lex, I’m still in love with you. I tried not to be, but it didn’t work. And Sloan’s gone. There’s no baby, and I don’t wanna sleep around. I want another chance. I’m in love with you.”

“Karev…he’s…Mark, I have a…I have a boyfriend.”

“I know. I’m saying you could have a husband.”

--from the episode “Shiny Happy People” on Grey’s Anatomy. This is a small scene between Lexi and Mark, who, if you watch the show, has made a monumental step in committing to this woman. Dr. McSteamy does not do this! I have to admit, I felt so warm inside when he did. I like the idea of Lexi and Mark together. Yes, Grey’s Anatomy is my favorite show. I have loved it since day 1, and I will continue to, even though I greatly miss Katherine Heigl’s character, Izzie. And T. R. Knight’s, George. And Burke, played by Isaiah Washington. The dynamics of that show were explosive, and the original cast made that happen. But things change. People get fired and others decide to take on a different career path. I miss Izzie the most though, seriously - where do you think I got that word from?  I miss her smile, her charisma, her emotions that spilled out of her, and many times, not in the best of ways. Many people didn't like her character though; they were glad to see Heigl gone from the show. These people can think what they want. I'm still siding with Izzie.